you are ALReady a caregiver
Maybe you have experience caring for an aging family member, or maybe you've just always had a heart for helping others. Professional caregiving allows you to turn that passion into a fulfilling career. No prior experience, certification or schooling is necessary. We provide all the CAREGiver training you'll need.
Here's what you DO need to become a Home Instead CAREGiver:
- A strong passion to work with seniors.
- Patience, compassion and a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Additionally, you need to complete a drug test, a criminal background check and driving record check. There may be minimum age requirements or other state guidelines.
Pay and Benefits
It's hard to put a price on the satisfaction our CAREGiversSM get from helping others in need, but we do just that. We provide excellent benefits and wages. Here's what we offer:
You may receive tips in hugs, but you'll also receive a real paycheck for your caregiving. Our pay rates vary according to type of shift. Beyond wages, we also may reimburse CAREGivers for mileage driven in your personal vehicle when you provide incidental transportation for your client.
Health insurance is offered at select offices within the Home Instead Senior Care® network when you meet certain criteria. We also provide workers compensation insurance to cover you for on-the-job accidents. Please contact our team for more information.
Our CAREGivers report a high degree of satisfaction in their work. No doubt this is because of the many fringe benefits that come from working with Home Instead Senior Care.
- Job training: Beyond learning practical skills, you can educate yourself about complex diseases like Alzheimer's.
- Flexible schedules: Work when it suits you. Together, we will tailor a schedule that works for you.
- Make new friends: Our CAREGivers typically forge genuine bonds with the people they serve. Plus, you will meet other Home Instead® CAREGivers and have opportunities to develop professional relationships with them.
- Did we mention satisfaction? Few things feel better in life than giving back. As a Home Instead CAREGiver, you experience the privilege of giving back to your community with every shift you complete. That feeling is priceless.
You don't need even one minute of caregiving experience to succeed as a CAREGiver at Home Instead Senior Care®. We provide initial and ongoing training and support to help you thrive in your career.
Each of our CAREGivers completes a comprehensive, multi-phased training program before they ever meet or serve a client. They also participate in periodic ongoing training programs as we develop them. Your CAREGiver also may opt to take specialized training modules for advanced levels of caregiving, such as Alzheimer's care.
A Day in the Life
“I have been there for my father and mother my whole life! I have 2 siblings but they do not have any contact with our parents. My father passed away 10 years ago and my mother’s health has been declining over the years. My mother has not been diagnosed with any disabilities but needs help around the house and needs assistance when going out on errands. My husband and I were at our wits end and her care was affecting our whole family. Home Instead caregivers really stepped in and saved the day and our sanity. Now, I'm a daughter again and enjoy spending time with my mom.” - Amy J.
Meet out clients
Senior Care as a Career
The most important and rewarding responsibility you'll have as a Home Instead CAREGiverSM is to develop meaningful relationships with your clients. You'll also provide a variety of services, such as:
- Companionship, Conversation, Safety Supervision
- Light Housekeeping Tasks and Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Transportation to Appointments, Errands and Activities
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living: Mobility & Transfers, Grooming, Bathing, Toileting and Incontinence Care
Other responsibilities may include personal care or Alzheimer's Care, depending on the client's needs and your level of training.